Policy on Forget-Me-Not, Forget-It-Well, and Enslavements

Keaton
Site Admin

Policy on Forget-Me-Not, Forget-It-Well, and Enslavements

Postby Keaton » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:39 am

The official policy on these items as of March 21, 2016 is as follows:

Forgets
These are allowed in all situations, but are illegal in Shadow Glen, and therefore may have in-game consequences if you are caught.

Enslavement
These, as stated, may never be used by a PC on a PC. You will rarely, if ever, see them used by an NPC. They are also illegal in Shadow Glen.

From Mind Effect Restrictions (p115)
A chapter may, at their option, restrict the use of the following effects: Enslavement, Forget-It-Well, and Forget-Me-Not. The chapter may restrict these effects in one of two ways. They can choose these effects to be void and unusable in their chapter, or they may opt to allow their usage only against NPCs.
Information on whether your local chapter uses the Mind Effect Restrictions rule, and which Game Effects this rule applies to will be available on the chapter’s Web site, and will also be announced at the Opening Ceremonies of all of their events.

From Enslavement Elixir (p117)
Enslavement is a powerful ability which particularly has the potential to ruin the fun of any player. As such the use of this effect can never be used by a PC on a PC.
No other effect (either LCO or otherwise) may duplicate the ability of Enslavement.
In addition, the following rules apply to Enslavement:
- You cannot administer Enslavement to yourself.
- You cannot be enslaved to “act normally,” However a person under the effects of enslavement does not act like a robot or strangely, they are just compelled to follow the wishes of the enslaver.
- The duration of Enslavement is permanent, and it can only be cured by the specific antidote or the resurrection of the target
malfean

Re: Policy on Forget-Me-Not, Forget-It-Well, and Enslavements

Postby malfean » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:24 am

but are illegal in Shadow Glen

Speaking of, are the local laws available anywhere? I checked the fb group, and I don't see anything.
Mason

Re: Policy on Forget-Me-Not, Forget-It-Well, and Enslavements

Postby Mason » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:41 pm

The town of Shadow Glen follows Evendarrian law. There will be posted copies at the manor house and in the tavern this event. I will also make a new post in-game so we can access them on the boards. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Mason

Return to “Rule Questions”